Tuesday, July 19, 2005

JP is my brother

My brother JP (John Paul) had surgery for scoliosis back in June. I sent out prayer requests to friends and families. Apparently they worked, cause he's back at home, well enough to write a thank you note that I pestered him for. If you don't know him, imagine me being a very silly 19 year old boy. Then read this note:

Dear Friends,

Greetings. First of all I would like to formally thank you all for your prayers over these worrisome times.

Thank you.

My sister, Shannon (you might know her), informed me that you all kept me in your hearts during, before, and after (or any combination) my back surgery. I fully appreciate it. Many of you may be wondering, “What has become of that young man?” and to that I have given you a response. I spent 5 days in the hospital. Some of those days I spent on a hypoderal. Then around day 3 it didn't work any more. This caused me great distress, and more important a great deal of pain. The kind doctors at the Children's Memorial Hospital then put me on a more suitable IV based pain medication. The best part of those days was having all of my family around me. Especially Shannon. The past month or so I've been working on making my back work again. I am now able to lay down in bed. I can also get up. This combination has allowed me to do something that I found quite difficult before: sleep. I have only had minor complications, and those have been taken care of. I'm no longer taking any pain medication and only have a few more days of a nerve calming pill. I have recently been able to do things like going miniature golfing. I couldn't pick up the ball or put it down, but I was able to swing the club a few inches forward and backwards. I hope this has been somewhat informative to you all. And once again I would like to thank you. Thanks.

John R.

What a kid...proud to be his sister. And entertained too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home