Books about this sort of thing
I've become addicted to trashy romance/adventure novels. There's this author named Janet Evonivich or something that writes books (that's generally what authors do). The books are totally mindless, but they're so mindless that they're a pretty easy and fun break from all the thinking I have to do in the rest of my life. So, I went to Half Price Books and they had 4 books there that I hadn't read yet. So I bought them. It cost $16 total. As I walked out, I realized that I just threw away $16. I wasn't going to read the books more than once. Once I read them, I know what's going to happen. And at the library, books are free. So, for some silly reason, I ended up going to another Half Price Books that day, and I returned 3 of the books. I kept one to tide me over while I got up the energy to go to the library. I don't mind going - it's kind of fun, but I can never remember to either leave work or to go on a Saturday. Plus there's this statue/sculpture of what looks like dead children that were sprayed with some flesh eating chemicals that is outside the library. I'm not sure who decided that the library was the appropriate place for that...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home