That guy wouldn't give me a t-shirt!!!
At work the other day, we had this R&D expo thing where all the people in R&D, well some of the people in R&D, stand around and answer people's questions about our stuff. The question askers are our own sales people, so usually they're nice about it. Next to my table, there was a table for this other company who makes a product that integrates with one of our products, TestStand. I know TestStand really well - it had 3 years of my life. They were also giving away free polos. Not polo like riding a horse, but polo like wearing a shirt with a collar! So, I went and asked the dude at the table what he did and how the product works. I listened to the whole thing and then he said "I'd give you a shirt, but we're almost out". On the table, was a very large pile of polos. So, I didn't get one. Instead I got an evaluation cd. Then, my co-worker Kent went over and said "can I have a shirt?" and the dude gave him one!!! What's up with that!!! I couldn't believe it. He got a medium which was too small, so the guy said that they'll mail him another shirt later and he could just keep the other one. So, Kent got 2 shirts and I got none. Later, I stole a shirt from them (by stole, I mean that I asked another guy and he gave me one) but I think that other guy must have not liked me. He must have been intimadated by my intelligence. Or he hated me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home