I went out with Maggie the other night to meet her friend California Michael. We went to Sherlock’s which is a really large newish bar in north Austin. I wasn’t so excited about it. There were a bunch of people who didn’t look like my type of people – lots of hairspray or pomade for the guys and clothes that required ironing. California Michael met us there with his friend Lee. They bought us a drink, which was nice. Then they never spoke to us again. Some guy named Eric came up and said hi to us. He seemed very popular cause a bunch of girls kept coming up to him and asking him random questions like they already knew him. He seemed to like Maggie, and I didn’t have a problem with that, so I let them talk, all the while watching for her to ask me to rescue her. In the meantime, I started talking with his friend Carrie. Tall, long blond hair. Female. She was a makeup artist who had just quit her job at Foley’s because she didn’t like it. Her boyfriend was so sweet, but not very attractive, but that was ok cause he was so nice. Eric didn’t like him though because he wasn’t her type. He also had a lot of money. I never met him, that’s what Carrie told me. She said she liked my purse. I told her I made it myself. She told me that I could be a makeup artist cause I was so creative. Then, I think she hugged me and told me she loved me. Eric bought me and Maggie another drink. Then we played foosball. Then we left. Later that night, after I was fast asleep in my bed, the phone rang and someone asked if I made it home ok. I said yes. I’m pretty sure it was Eric. I think I’d given Carrie my number after she’d asked for it, saying that she could get me a job doing makeup at Saks. That was the last time I heard from them. I’m pretty sure that picking up a woman doesn’t count towards grandkids. Strike 2.
1 Comments:
I was pretty bad at picking up women too, but then I turned twenty nine( TWENTY-NINE )and the love of my life walked into my life and have 3 kids. Have fun and enjoy because saomeone is going to come into your life when you least expect it and life will never be the same.
5:13 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home